Best Locations for Student Accommodation
- Londonderry / Derry
The average rent for a room in private housing is £45-£60 per week.
Average agent fees
Although not all agents charge an initial fee, for those that do you should expect to pay £30 upwards per tenant.
The station is a 5 minutes taxi ride from Magee campus and train timetables are available on their website which can be found under our useful links section or by calling 02890 66 66 30.
The nearest bus station is Foyle Street Bus Centre. Regular Ulsterbus services connect through the Foyle Street Bus Centre which is 10 minutes walk from the Magee campus. Bus timetables are available on their website or by calling 02890 66 66 30.
• Belfast City Airport is 75 miles from the campus. Coach transport from the airport is available and you will find further information on their website.
• Belfast International Airport is 63 miles from the campus. Coach transport from the airport is available and you will find further information on their website.
• City of Derry Airport is 8.5 miles away from the campus.
• From Liverpool to Belfast with Norfolk Line,
• From Stranraer, Scotland to Belfast with Stena Line,
• From Cairnryan, Scotland to Larne with P&O Irish Sea,
• From Troon, Scotland to Larne with P&O Irish Sea,
Living in the area
The Magee campus is situated on a hillside overlooking the River Foyle in a mainly residential quarter of Londonderry. Northern Ireland's second city is famous, amongst other things, for its walls that are a symbol of the city's rich legacy of history and tradition.
The city is a busy and expanding commercial centre which has been experiencing a sustained period of growth and regeneration and there is plenty to keep you entertained as a student.