Best Locations for Student Accommodation
The average rent is £40-£60 a week for a room in private housing.
Average agent fees
Around £30 per tenant depending on the letting agent.
Situated on the Jordanstown Road, the station is a 10 minute walk away from the Jordanstown campus and train timetables are available on their website which can be found in our useful links section or by calling 02890 66 66 30.
Ulsterbus connections are available through both city centre based Europa and Laganside Bus Centres. Bus timetables are available online or by calling 02890 66 66 30.
• Belfast City Airport is 12 miles from the campus and taxis and coach transport is available from the airport.
• Belfast International Airport is 18 miles from the campus and again taxis and coach transport is available from the airport.
• City of Derry Airport is 68 miles from the campus and transport from the airport is also available.
• From Liverpool to Belfast with Norfolk Line,
• From Stranraer, Scotland to Belfast with Stena Line,
• From Cairnryan, Scotland to Larne with P&O Irish Sea,
• From Troon, Scotland to Larne with P&O Irish Sea
Living in the area
The Jordanstown campus is situated seven miles north of Belfast. The campus has impressive views of the Lough, the Belfast Hills and County Down. The proximity of the campus to Belfast is a major attraction for those who choose to live in the city and travel to the campus in private car or via the excellent rail, bus and taxi network.
The campus has a village feel and is laid out around a central and busy mall which forms the main spine for 17 blocks of academic study and recreational facilities. The mall area is home to banks, restaurants, coffee shops, sandwich bars, a supermarket, the chaplain's office and the Students' Union. Study facilities include science and computing laboratories, Physiotherapy, Optometry and Podiatry clinics and a modern Learning Resource Centre.