Best Locations for Student Accommodation
The average rent per room in private housing is between £50 - £70 a week.
Trains connect through the Central Railway Station. Services run south from Londonderry and Coleraine, south-west from Larne, west from Bangor and north from Dublin via Portadown. Train timetables are available on their website online or by calling 02890 66 66 30.
Bus services are operated by Translink Metro and Ulsterbus. Bus timetables are available on their website or by calling 02890 66 66 30.
• Belfast City Airport is 4 miles from the campus. Taxis and coach transport is available from the airport.
• Belfast International Airport is 22 miles from the campus. Taxis and coach transport is available from the airport.
• City of Derry Airport is 72 miles from the campus. Transport from the airport is available.
• From Liverpool to Belfast with Norfolk Line,
• From Stranraer, Scotland to Belfast with Stena Line,
• From Cairnryan, Scotland to Larne with P&O Irish Sea,
• From Troon, Scotland to Larne with P&O Irish Sea,
Living in the area
Despite its small size, Northern Ireland offers a great variety of landscapes, cultural and leisure opportunities. It also has a heritage enriched by both Irish and British ties and an intriguing and complex history which has fascinated people across the world.
Belfast is a compact and lively capital and is casting off its old image, new investment is changing the face and the atmosphere of the city. The city's historic nineteenth century architecture now competes with spectacular new developments.
Culturally, Belfast is extremely vibrant with a variety of arts festivals such as the Ulster Bank Belfast Festival at Queen's that take place throughout the year. In addition to this the city also offers many theatres, cinemas, museums, art galleries, pubs and clubs. The university campus is located just 15 minutes away from the city centre and is in a lively area with many student facilities.